Teaching Assistant Entry Level
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/02/2019 12:00
Grade 2, £16,863 - £17,391 (pro-rata)
Schools - Support
Consett Junior School
Required for 25 February 2018
Temporary until 31.08.2019
37 hours per week - Term Time Only + 2 weeks
Are you interested in working with children?
Are your keen to change your current role?
If so, this is the opportunity for you and we’d love to hear from you!
The Governors of our Good and vibrant school wish to appoint a highly motivated teaching assistant to join our committed and friendly team.
The successful candidate may be required to work across the school, but will have significant involvement in year 3 and year 4.
Initially the post is to the end of August, but will be reviewed towards the end of the summer term.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to form good relationships with pupils and be responsive to their needs
- Be qualified at NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent
- Have an interest in or have experience of working with or caring for children of primary school age
- Be able to work as a member of a team, understanding the role in the classroom and associated responsibilities
- Recognise the uniqueness of every child and reflect this in their practice
In return we can offer:
- Delightful children who respond well to excellent and enthusiastic teaching
- A very supportive staff team and governing body
- Very supportive parents
- The opportunity to work strategically with the staff team
Application forms and further details are available from the school at the above address or by email.
Consett Junior School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date: Friday 01 February 2019 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 04 February 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 13 February 2019
Please download, print and return completed application forms by post or email to the address below.
Essential Qualifications: A teaching assistant qualification at NVQ Level 2 relevant to the Key Stage or its equivalent OR Relevant qualifications at NVQ Level 2 in Early Years Or Child Care/Foundation
Consett Junior School
Tel 01207 504431
This job is closed for applications.