Quick Job Search
Select a job category
Select a date period
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text

Technical Officer - Empty Properties

Organisation Logo

Job Summary

Contract Type:
Fixed Term
Working Pattern:
Full time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/04/2018 23:59
Grade H. £27,668 - £30,153 Fixed Term to 31 March 2019.
Hours per week:
Job Category:
Environmental Health / Trading Standards
Vacancy ID:
Employment Location:
Civic Centre

Job details 

Closing date:
22 Apr

Supporting documents

Please note

This job is closed for applications.

Further information

Gateshead Council is seeking to appoint a Technical Officer to join the Private Sector Housing Team. The Team works across a broad range of housing related issues including housing standards, noise and anti social behaviour, public health nuisances and landlord licensing to improve conditions in the private housing sector.

You will be work specifically on the bringing back into use empty properties within the Borough. Like in many areas, the number of long-term privately owned empty properties in Gateshead continues to be a problem, having an adverse effect upon communities and attracting crime, vandalism and anti social behaviour. Empty properties are wasted resources; financially and as potential homes for residents.

You will work alongside the Empty Property Officer to improve our understanding of why empty properties exist, minimise the length of time a property stands empty, to improve information and communication about empty properties for residents, owners and other interested parties and to make use of empty properties to meet housing need.

You will have well-developed planning, organisational, communication and customer service skills, be able to apply a methodical approach to problem solving and be computer literate. You will have a level 4 qualification, such as an HNC, a knowledge of current and emerging private sector housing related legislation and the technical aspects of enforcement and experience of property inspection.

You will have a current driving licence or means to mobility support.

Online applications only at www.gateshead.gov.uk

Back to top