Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/05/2021 23:59
£23,833 - £31,767
Fire and Rescue (Wholetime)
Various across Northumberland
Hours: 42 hours per week
Rates of pay for operational Wholetime Firefighters (correct as of January 2020):
Firefighter Annual salary
Trainee (Phase 1): £23,833
Development (Phase 2): £24,826
Competent (Phase 3): £31,767
N.B. from trainee to competent may be a period of three years.
Location: Any location within the Northumberland Fire & Rescue Service area
Northumberland Fire & Rescue Service are now recruiting Wholetime Firefighters.
This is an exciting opportunity for skilled personnel to join #teamNorthumberland and take an important role in keeping our residents safe and well.
Our values are important to us, if you have a connection to these, you should consider applying.
• Residents first - 'Here for you'.
• Excellence and quality - 'Listening and learning to improve your service'.
• Respect - 'You are valued'.
• Keeping our communities safe - 'Your safety is at the heart of what we do'.
We support a culture which values everyone:
• I will be professional and provide leadership by example
• I will be open to challenge and change
• I will be fair, honest, transparent and act with integrity
• I will communicate openly and demonstrate empathy to all
Our residents value the services we offer and need to feel confident in our highly skilled teams, who reduce risk as well as respond to emergency situations.
Our teams continually evolve and improve how we operate whilst maintaining the highest standards for our communities.
A Firefighter Candidate Pack is available to download in the supporting documents and provides details of each stage of the recruitment and selection processes for the role of Wholetime Firefighter. It is important that you are aware of how you will be assessed and what to expect at each stage.
A copy of the job description and person specification is also available to download.
If you have any queries prior to entering into the recruitment process, please refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQs) at the back of the Firefighter Candidate Pack in the first instance. If you still have an outstanding query, email Fire.Recruitment@northumberland.gov.uk
- Application Dates: 26th April – 16th May 2021
- Situational Judgement Tests: 22nd – 30th May 2021
- Ability Tests (online): 5th June – 13th June 2021
- Role Related Tests: 28th June – 7th July 2021
- Interview: 12th July – 25th July 2021
- Occupational Health Medical and Fitness Test: 2nd August – 6th August 2021
- Trainee Course Commences: 4th October 2021
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.