Young Peoples Advisor – full time, temporary (maternity cover until 14/06/2019 or the day before the return of the substantiv
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/10/2018 23:59
£22,401 - £25,463
Social Care - Children Service
Your normal place of work will be Council Offices, Green Lane, Spennymoor. However, you may be required to work at any council workplace within County Durham.
Children and Young Peoples Services
Looked After Children & Care Leavers
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS18/309 – Young Peoples Advisor
Post title: Young Peoples Advisor – full time, temporary (maternity cover until 14/06/2019 or the day before the return of the substantive post holder)
Salary: £22,401 - £25,463 Grade 7
Job Location: Your normal place of work will be Council Offices, Green Lane, Spennymoor. However, you may be required to work at any council workplace within County Durham.
The Young People’s Service South are seeking a Young Person's Advisor to cover maternity leave.
The Young People’s Service provides services to looked after young people and young people who have left care between the ages of 15 and 25, and aged 16+ child in need young people.
The post holder will undertake the duties of a Young Person’s Advisor as set out in the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000 with responsibility for a caseload of young people, whose assessed needs are commensurate with the grade of the post, with the aim of achieving improved outcomes for them.
The main areas of responsibility for the Young Person's Advisor will be:
• To work in partnership with young people, their families/carers and a range of agencies, in order to identify and meet the needs of those young people.
• To provide a service to young people, including assessments of need, contributing to more complex assessments where appropriate; preparing and implementing pathway planning, reviews, co-ordination of services, advice and support.
• To support young people in accessing and sustaining appropriate education, training and employment opportunities.
• To support young people in developing a healthy lifestyle and enable them to access appropriate health and promotion services.
• To ensure that the young people’s accommodation needs are met.
• To ensure that accurate records are maintained which reflect decision making and to prepare and present reports where appropriate.
• To ensure that young people and their views are at the centre of the service and promote their participation in all aspects of service delivery.
Applicants are required to be qualified to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent and have significant experience of direct work with children and young people.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Team Manager Laura Broomfield or Senior Practitioner Tracy Shaw on 03000 262271 or email Laura.Broofield@durham.gov.uk or Tracy.Shaw@durham.gov.uk
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Thursday 25 October 2018.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.