Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant - Grindon Infant School
Please See Advert Text
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/09/2017 12:00
Schools - Support
Gleneagles Road, Sunderland, SR4 9QN
Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
Grade 1 – point 13 £16,491 pro rata
7.5 hours per week (11.50 pm – 1.20 pm)
Term Time only (38 weeks)
Required for October.
The Governing Board wish to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant to join our team to help supervise and engage children in activities during the lunchtime break. The successful applicant must be willing to undertake first aid training.
A good understanding of caring for children and the ability to work as part of a team is essential. You will be expected to supervise children whilst eating their lunch and then engage children in play activities and to be pro-active in ensuring safe and constructive play/sport is encouraged.
Please note – a large proportion of this post involves being outdoors, and standing/walking for the duration of the lunch period. Candidates should therefore consider the physical demands of the role prior to applying.
• An outstanding lunchtime supervisor who always puts the children’s
• Able to support the personal, social and emotional development of the
• Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality?
• Caring, kind, calm and dedicated to helping children?
• Committed to achieving high standards of positive play and behaviour?
We will offer:
• A dedicated and supportive team of staff,
• Opportunities for further professional development,
• Friendly, positive and well-behaved children,
• The opportunity to make a difference!
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Grindon Infant School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Application forms and a job description are available to download from the school website: www.grindoninfantschool.co.uk.
Completed applications should be returned to Grindon Infant School, Gleneagles Road, Grindon, Sunderland, SR4 9QN
This post is not open to job share.
Closing Date: Monday 4th September – 12 Noon
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 5th September
Interview Date: Friday 8th December
This job is closed for applications.