Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/04/2020 23:59
£36,876 - £40,760
Social Care - Children Service
"Northumbria House, Cramlington"
At Northumberland County Council we are proud of our employees, who are passionate and committed to improving outcomes for our children and young people, ensuring that they feel safe, healthy, happy and ready to learn and achieve.
We place children and young people at the heart of all we do and aim to provide a quality service to ensure that children in care get the best possible outcomes. Children thrive in stable and loving families. Sometimes birth parents are unable to care for their children themselves. Getting the best possible care for these children is one of our most important corporate parent responsibilities.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www. northumberland.gov.uk/working
The 14+ Social Work Team are seeking to recruit a number of advanced social work practitioners. You will be part of a creative, enthusiastic and dynamic service. As a Team, we will provide you with excellent support and supervision together with genuine opportunities for personal development. You will have extensive post qualifying experience of statutory social work with children and families. You will have proven ability to transfer knowledge and skills to colleagues through coaching, mentoring and co-working by establishing a professional network that promotes learning and practice development for self and others. This will include providing critical reflection and challenge in supporting the development of social workers. You are not expected to have direct line management responsibilities.
We are offering:
- A competitive salary up to £40,760 (dependent on grade and experience) with a wide range of additional benefits
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Regular supervision
- A supportive environment
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous remuneration package
- Induction, support and mentoring from day one in post
- Flexible working arrangements
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to convey complex messages in a straightforward way, both verbally and in writing.
- You will not be afraid to think creatively to solve problems.
- You will be able to make sound decisions.
- You will be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of children, young people and families.
- You will always want to hear the young person's voice and ensure that this is taken into account.
- You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances to improve their overall outcomes
- You will understand the importance of performance information and your contribution to maintaining high standards.
- You will have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- You will be able to contribute to the development of the service.
- You will have a sound knowledge base of the Knowledge and Skills Statement for Child and Family Social Work and the application of Professional Capabilities Framework which will be embedded within all elements of your practice.
You must hold a relevant Social Work qualification such as the Social Work Degree, DipSW, CQSW or CSS and be registered with the HCPC. You should also have a minimum of three years post qualifying experience.
For further information, please contact Cheryl Austin, Team Manager, 14+ Team on 01670 536400 for an informal discussion.
Please find attached the Job Description
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding the process can be discussed with Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) on 01670 623 130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please email email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.