Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/10/2019 23:59
£18,065 - £18,426
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Blyth Cowley Road Depot
We are looking for a permanent, full time Refuse Loader to join our team at Cowley Road, Blyth.
Key Duties and responsibilities: Individually or as part of a team and under the general direction of senior colleagues:
1. Provide an efficient and effective refuse collection and recycling service to remove household, industrial and commercial waste producers in accordance with predetermined schedules and Council policy.
2. Undertake the collection of clinical waste, emptying dog waste bins and litter bins using an appropriate vehicle and removal of dead animals from the Highway. 3. Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner and provide advice and information on waste services if requested to do so.
4. Ensure the team completes work within the time, quality and specified service standards.
5. Ensure that work is performed in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with the relevant risk assessment.
6. Ensure that relevant paperwork to record any problems that have been encountered when undertaking collections is completed and copies issued to service users and supervisory staff in accordance with corporate procedures.
7. Ensure that machinery, equipment and tools that are used are operated in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and any faults are reported.
8. Work collaboratively with team colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved and quality standards are maintained.
9. Respond to and deal with simple problems referring more complex issues to immediate supervisor.
10. Staff will be expected to work across the other frontline Local Services such as Highways and Neighbourhood Services to provide cover to cope with peak service demands, for sickness, holidays, events and to respond to extreme weather conditions and emergencies.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
This is a permanent, full time post.
We are offering:
- A salary range of £18,065 - £18,426
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
For a copy of the job description please see below.
Closing date for applications is Midnight on Friday 18th October 2019.
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; if Trans applicants have any concerns regarding the process please contact Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) on 07770975678 or email@example.com. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is closed for applications.