Admin Assistant - Level 3
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/11/2019 23:59
£18,795 - £19,171
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
This vacancy is being advertising internally in the first instance to employees and agency workers of Northumberland County Council. Where it is not possible to appoint from the existing workforce, the vacancy may subsequently be released to external candidates. Please note that employees working within a school are not considered as internal applicants. If you apply for this position and are not an internal applicant by this description your application will not be processed.
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Contracts administrative assistant within the Contracts and Commissioning team of Adult Social Care.
You will be part of a busy team providing Contract support, acting as a point of contact for internal/external customers by telephone/email/in person. Key tasks will be dealing with contract requests from care management teams, generating contracts to providers and ensuring the Swift system is updated with accurate information for clients and providers in relation to services provided and agreed rates.
Typical tasks include:
- Providing appropriate contract information, advice and support on a range of contract and SWIFT related queries to care managers, providers and colleagues
- Generating contract paperwork to providers
- this involves following processes and ensuring there is an audit trail for rates payable
- Dealing with contact from providers/care managers by phone/email/letter
- Information gathering activities from providers of adult social care services
- Organisation and updating of manual systems/computerised systems e.g. Swift to allow invoice payments to be made (updating Swift with uplifted rates, provisions being provided to clients and new providers)
- Ensuring processes are followed with respect to checking contract requests/generating/distribution of contract documentation and monitoring the return of contracts
- Mailbox cover of the contracts mailbox on a rota basis
- Point of contact for internal and external customers (providers, care management colleagues and other departments)
- Other admin tasks as required when providing cover for colleagues e.g. dealing with inbound/outbound post, ordering stationery, mail merges, arranging meetings, scanning documents onto a document management system Ideally you will have a working knowledge of Microsoft (Excel/Word), Google Mail/Sheets/Documents, Swift and Scanfile.
- Organising your work without supervision, managing interruptions/conflicting demands and the ability to deal with change are all essential in this role. This is an extremely supportive, collaborative team where effective communication is essential, commitment to providing a quality service is expected and new ideas for improvements are welcomed.
This is a permanent position and the starting salary is £18,795.
If you’d like to speak to someone about this role please contact Rachel Young (Contracts and commissioning admin manager) on 01670 620162 or by emailing email@example.com and more information can be found in the attached job description and person specification.
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; if Trans applicants have any concerns regarding the process please contact Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please email email@example.com
The closing date for this role is midnight on the 21st November 2019
This job is closed for applications.