Team Manager - Safeguarding.Z178
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/04/2020 23:59
£47,107 - £50,394
Social Care - Children Service
Eddie Ferguson House
We are looking to recruit a full time, permanent Social Work Team Manager for the Children’s Social Care Team based in Blyth. The team is supported by a Senior Manager. The Team has excellent links with early help colleagues, the children’s centres and with multi-agency colleagues within the locality.
The team covers children and families on Child In Need, Child Protection, Looked After, Adoption, Pre Proceedings and Court Work.
Northumberland has adopted Signs of Safety and are progressing well with our implementation plan and adopting the full SoS module. There are excellent opportunities for the Team Manager to receive training in SoS and be part of the implementation plan.
The Team Manager will be crucial in supporting and maintaining high standards of practice and timely, and positive outcomes for children and families. The Team Manager will work alongside the Deputy Team Manager and provide excellent informal support, formal supervisions, including reflective supervision, appraisals, team meetings, developmental sessions within the team, audits, chair multi-agency meetings and management tasks to comply with statutory responsibilities in line with policy and procedures.
You must have a minimum of three years post qualifying experience of statutory social work with children and families and have experience of direct supervision and line management responsibilities.
Northumberland County Council had a Joint Targeted Area Review in 2019 Click here for JTAI report around Criminal and Sexual Exploitation- https://files.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50097926 . Ofsted recognised the positive multi-agency work undertaken around this area of work. In March 2020 Northumberland were judged by Ofsted to be ‘Good’ across all four areas of the inspection framework and Ofsted recognised the hard work and commitment of our front line staff in working with children and families. Ofsted shared the following feedback: "Managers and social workers have been successful in ensuring the children's voices can be clearly heard. Social Workers see children regularly and use a range of direct tools to build trusting relationships with children and their families. This supports Social Workers to understand the child's wishes and feelings and how their circumstances impact on their daily life" Click here for full Ofsted report - https://files.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50147382
Please see the following links that share our Social Workers experiences of working in Northumberland. Click here for video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf5vEL-1yGc&feature=youtu.be
We are offering:
- A competitive salary up to £50,394 (dependent on grade and experience) with a wide range of additional benefits
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision and Flexi scheme
- Induction, excellent training, support, coaching and mentoring
- Regular informal and formal supervision and visible presence from the Senior Manager
- A supportive and positive culture and working environment
- Good administrative support
- Career progression opportunities
- Essential car user allowance
- A generous remuneration package
- Flexible and agile working arrangements with access to IT equipment to support you
- Commitment and enthusiasm in maintaining high standards of practice and positive outcomes for children and families
- Previous direct line management responsibilities.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to convey complex messages in a straightforward way, both verbally and in writing.
- You will not be afraid to think innovatively and creatively to solve problems.
- You will be able to make and evidence sound decisions.
- You will support a team of staff in being empathetic and sensitive to the needs of children, young people and families.
- You will support a team of staff to always want to hear the young person's voice and ensure that this is taken into account.
- You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances to improve their overall outcomes
- You will understand the importance of performance information and your contribution to maintaining high standards.
- You will have experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment and with multi agency colleagues
- You will be able to contribute to the development of the team and the service.
- You will have a sound knowledge base of the Knowledge and Skills Statement for Child and Family
- Social Work and the application of Professional Capabilities Framework which will be embedded within all elements of your practice.
- You must hold a relevant Social Work qualification such as the Social Work Degree, DipSW, CQSW or CSS and be registered with Social Work England. You should also have a minimum of three years post qualifying experience.
Please see attached job description
For further information, please email or phone contact Angela Glenn, Senior Manager 01670 623976 Specialist Services or Adele Wright, Head of Service 01670 623965.
The closing date for this role is the 30 April 2020 at midnight
This job is closed for applications.