Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/07/2020 23:59
Social Care - Children Service
Various Establishments throughout Northumberland
Northumberland Youth Service provides youth work with young people aged 13-19 across Northumberland with the aim of assisting them to prepare for adult life. We do this by allowing young people to explore issues in a non-judgemental environment. We develop positive relationships and meaningful engagement which encourages them to explore and ask questions. The information they receive from this motivates the young person to make safe, informed decisions. Our work is designed to develop resilience and empathy in young people.
The Specialist Youth Support team within Northumberland Youth Service provides targeted support and interventions to young people. The team is recently established and it is an exciting time to join as we develop our programme of work for the future.
We are looking for a JNC qualified Youth Worker to help deliver our service moving forward. This will involve face to face work with young people in one to one interactions, group sessions and other environments, including supporting the further development of our Specialist Youth Support offer. In addition, you will be involved in contributing to our missing children work by carrying out return home interviews.
You will be given all appropriate training and support to ensure that we continue to offer the best service possible to young people.
You will be expected to be able to work evenings and weekends with young people as needed.
We are offering:
- Part time, 22.2hrs per week. Permanent
- Starting Salary of £32,155 pro rata
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- In house training opportunities
- Degree level JNC Youth Work Qualification
- Safeguarding trained and an understanding of equal opportunities and child protection issues.
- An ability to engage in face to face youth work in a variety of settings and supporting young people with a variety of needs.
- Someone who has good communication skills with an ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Someone who can operate in a variety of teams and demonstrates flexibility in the role.
This post closes at midnight on the 17th July 2020
This job is closed for applications.