Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£28,672 - £32,234
HR / Training
County Hall, Morpeth
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
The successful candidate will work as part of the wider HR team providing a high-quality HR service for managers and candidates across a range of services and throughout the County of Northumberland. The individual will provide specific support in the recruitment process, acting as the first point of contact for candidate and management queries.
This is a permanent full-time position.
- To provide a high standard of advice and guidance across all recruitment activity. This will include giving support on complex recruitment issues and will involve delivery of training, coaching and mentoring.
- Responsible for checking all recruitment documents in line with company pre-employment guidance. Responsible for the verification of identity, right to work, professional registration & qualifications, references, DBS disclosure & Occupational Health processes.
- Be able to evidence managing performance and ability to build confidence and self belief to drive results and deliver beyond what’s expected.
- Experience of managing a small team and have responsibility for employees, for example appraisals, performance management, interviewing, general HR queries.
- Manage all aspects of the electronic recruitment system
- You will have good IT skills and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. - - You will be self motivated and able to manage your own workload in a range of environments.
Interviews are planned for week commencing 8th February 2021.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £28,672 (rising to £32,234)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
More information can be found in the attached job description and for guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please attached notes.
Closing date for applications will be midnight on Sunday 7th February 2021.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email email@example.com