Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Support Leader - Collingwood School & Media Arts College
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£23,999 - £26,980
Schools - Support
Collingwood School & Media Arts College
Collingwood School & Media Arts College is a community special school that caters for pupils aged 2 to 19 with a wide range of special educational needs. The school offers a specialised learning environment to support the additional requirements of our pupils.
The Governors of the school are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Designated Safeguarding Lead and Support Leader. You will:
• Take lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection across the school.
• Advise and support staff on child welfare and protection matters.
• Raise awareness of safeguarding and child protection
• Undergo and be responsible for training staff in safeguarding matters
• Manage, develop and lead the team of Learning support assistants across school.
We are very proud of our achievements at Collingwood and the reputation we have gained for the high standard of education we provide. We are committed to continuing to improve the work we do and would welcome applications from people who will share this vision with us.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date for applications is midday on 20th April 2021.
Contact Name: Clare Tait, School Business Leader
School Address: Stobhillgate, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 2HA
Telephone: 01670 516374
Salary amounts quoted a subject to a an equated salary adjustment if you commence employment part way through the academic year.