Teacher of Religious Education – Egglescliffe School (Vision Academy Learning Trust)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/05/2021 08:30
£25,714 - £41,604 Annually (Main/Upper Pay Range)
Schools - Teaching
Contract Details: Permanent from 1 September 2021
Contract Hours: Full time or Part Time
This is an exciting time to join Egglescliffe School as it works collaboratively alongside the both secondary and primary schools in Vision Learning Academy Trust, striving to provide a world class education through seamless transition from Primary to Secondary. The schools in our MAT work collaboratively and are committed and determined to provide an exceptional educational experience for our learners.
Providing a world class education for all of our learners requires exceptional teaching staff. We invest in our staff with a comprehensive CPD programme ensuring that all of our teaching staff, at all career stages, have the opportunity to grow and develop. We provide a supportive working environment in which our staff flourish so they can deliver excellence. At Vision Learning Academy Trust we want to appoint teachers who are enthusiastic about their key stage/subject, and are as committed as we are, to every child achieving the very best they can.
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
The school was rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in both 2008 and 2013. We also hold the following national awards:
- Ofsted Outstanding School Status
- Sport England Sportsmark
- Healthy School Award
- National Teaching School
- National Support School
We seek to appoint a very well-qualified, dynamic and inspirational teacher of RE who has the desire to work within a high achieving department. The successful candidate will have the passion and ability to impact at all key stages, including GCSE and A level.
Applications are invited from inspirational teachers who can demonstrate:
• they are enthusiastic and committed teacher with vision, drive and commitment
• a passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
• an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in both practical and classroom based lessons
• Inspire students who love Religious Education through outstanding teaching
• they are proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
• an ability to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential
• have the skills to make a significant impact on raising the quality of teaching and learning
• they are committed to raising achievement and standards
• hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
• have recent experience / knowledge of teaching at Key Stages 3 and 4 RE
• experience of teaching A-level Philosophy and Ethics is desirable, but not essential
What Egglescliffe School can offer you:
• An inclusive, successful and outstanding school
• Friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic students
• Professional and rewarding opportunities
• An opportunity to work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
• A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team
• Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview Date: w/c 17th May 2021
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mrs L. Oyston Head Teacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.