School Governor - Voluntary
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Stockton on Tees
Looking for a new challenge? School Governors needed!
Schools within our borough are looking for school governors and you could be the perfect fit.
School governors represent people from many walks of life including; school staff, parents, the local community and organisations connected to the school. This ensures school decisions are made by people with a wide range of experience.
The role of a school governor is to contribute to the work of the governing body/trust board to ensure high standards of achievement for all children and young people in the school with the following three main functions:
• Setting the school’s vision, ethos and strategic direction
• Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and ensuring the funds are well spent
You don’t need to have a child in school or be a parent of a child of any age and there is no special qualifications required as free training is provided. Serving on a School Governing Body is so rewarding and allows you to meet new people and gain news skills and experience along the way. This opportunity also allows you to:
• Use your own experience of education and life beyond school to make decisions
• Develop and utilise your skills
• Make a valuable contribution to education and your community
• Support and challenge the school so that it improves for pupils and staff
This position is subject to satisfactory checks and clearances.
For further information please contact Katie Gallagher, School & Governor Support Officer on 01642 526414