Teaching Assistant (Level 3) - Bader Primary School (The 1590 Trust)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Salary: £17,437 - £18,503 (pay award pending)
Term time only + 5 days
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The 1590 Trust and the Head Teacher are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible, and committed Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and hardworking team. Our school encourages all pupils to be the best they can be and strive for success in all they do in their lives. Our values of being Happy, aiming high, determination, excellence and respect are promoted in everything we do. We are therefore seeking a proactive Teaching Assistant who will support the delivery of high teaching and learning in our school who will inspire our children to achieve their full potential.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Level 3 Teaching Assistant who has good working Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and is able to provide high quality teaching learning and support to meet the needs of the pupils in Early Years Foundation Stage.
The appointed candidate will be required:
To provide service delivery within the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. To work in partnership and complimentary to the Nursey, Reception Teacher or lead professional, in order to meet the needs of the Nursery. The Nursery, Reception Teacher or Lead Professionals are responsible for the planning the overall policy and curriculum, and the Early Years practitioners are given some responsibility for the planning part of the programme and are to play a full part in its implementation.
• Has a flexible approach and ability to work as part of the team.
• Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life.
• Has the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative.
• Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work.
• Has a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with practitioners, parents/carers and families.
• Observing and assessing children’s development and progress.
• Keeping accurate records of observation, assessment and development of children.
• Acting as a key worker for a group of children.
• Has a good knowledge of the expectations of good quality Early Years provision.
We can offer:
• Wonderful children with aspirations to achieve.
• Supportive parents who want to engage with school: who hold high aspirations for their children.
• An inclusive ethos where every member of school community is valued.
• A school community in which relationships are positive, expectations are high, every single person is constantly learning.
• An environment in which you will see people smiling, staff working together, people who care for one another, and people who respect and trust one another.
• A school dedicated to the personal and professional development of all staff
More Information Obtainable
For an informal discussion about this position and the context the school works within please contact the school 01642 7862856. Please see our website to download an application pack www.bader.org.uk
Completed applications should be returned to the Head Teacher, Mr David Hodgson, at the school by 12 noon on the closing date.
Bader Primary School, Kintyre Drive, Thornaby, TS17 0BY. Tel: 01642 762856
Feedback will only be given to shortlisted candidates.