Admin Assistant - Level 3.1628
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/12/2021 23:59
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Eddie Ferguson House
Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland? if you are dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic then we want to hear from you. Who is NCC?
World renowned as a visitor destination, Northumberland is also the ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. What better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than to sample it on an everyday basis?
Our Vision is: “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, and in which you can access the things you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”
Our Plan is to focus on:
· Living - we want you to feel safe, healthy and cared for
· Enjoying - we want you to love where you live
· Connecting - we want you to have access to the things you need
· Learning - we want you to achieve and realise your potential
· Thriving - we want to attract more and better jobs
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
· 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees) · Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
· Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
· A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
· Car Leasing Scheme · Please visit: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/About/Working-for-Northumberland-County-Council.aspx for more information regarding our benefits.
The salary for this role is £19312 - 19698
The successful candidate will be based within Blyth District Admin Team for Adult Services. They will be line managed by an Admin Officer and be part of a team of Admin Assistant colleagues.
· OCR/RSA II Typing/Word Processing or equivalent/relevant experience
· Good standard of general education
They will provide a clerical and typing service, including maintaining databases and processing information. To undertake telephone and reception duties for multi-disciplinary teams in an environment where interruptions are common place and sensitivity to callers needs are required.
To undertake general office administration tasks, including filing, photocopying, cash handling (for example petty cash) and processing financial documentation.
To provide relief cover for other members of the administrative team as appropriate. This may include travelling to other sites within locality
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The candidate should have good numeracy and literacy skills as well as good communication and listening skills.
They should have good organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise work, to use initiative as well as working to deadlines.
They should have a commitment to working as a member of a team and have a flexible approach to duties on or off normal base. They should have the ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
They should have the ability to work within a clear policy of confidentiality.
They should have the ability to work outside normal office hours as and when appropriate
The ability to work well under pressure as well as experience of working with the public would be beneficial.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme please email email@example.com with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored in the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please also let the team know.
The closing date is 3 December 2021 at midnight
This job is closed for applications.