Support Assistant Special Needs (Mainstream)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/01/2022 12:00
£19,312 - £20,493 per annum pro rata, (Actual £13,414 - £14,235 per annum)
Hours per week:
30.85 hours per week
Schools - Support
St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, The Green, Walbottle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 8JL.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in partnership with Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust. St Cuthbert's Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 2675956
30.85 hours per week Term Time Only – worked over 5 days
At St Cuthbert’s we live and learn in faith and love, through Jesus’ teachings. Our school is a place where we can grow as a family, helping each other to lead full and happy lives.
We are a happy, caring and thriving school with a strong Catholic ethos. We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic support assistant to join our dedicated team. The Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic person who:
• Will support and promote the Catholic ethos and values of the school
• Is able to inspire our pupils through our school curriculum
• Has recent experience of working with children with special educational needs across the whole of the Primary phase
• Has high standards and expectations in every aspect of school life
• Is committed to working as part of our school team
• Is an inclusive practitioner who firmly believes that all pupils can succeed
• Is able to communicate effectively with parents/carers
• Is committed to continued professional development
We can offer:
• Happy, confident and motivated children who embrace new challenges
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued
• A friendly and committed team
• An active and supportive Governing Body
• A commitment to continuous professional development
• Enthusiastic and supportive parents
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Mrs Neal, the School Administrator, to arrange an appointment. Application packs are available to download from our school website
http://stcuthbertsw.newcastle.sch.uk/ All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain ‘an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service’. As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th January 12.00 p.m.
Shortlisting will be held on: Monday 31st January
Interviews and observations will be held on: Wednesday 9th February
This job is closed for applications.