Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/01/2022 12:00
£22,627 – £24,491 per annum pro rata, (Actual salary £8,366 - £9,055 per annum)
Hours per week:
16 hours per week
Schools - Support
St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, The Green, Walbottle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 8JL.
Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle in partnership with Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust. St Cuthbert's Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 2675956
16 hours per week (Part-time) 3 working days
This post is term time only plus three training days
At St Cuthbert’s we live and learn in faith and love, through Jesus’ teachings. Our school is a place where we can grow as a family, helping each other to lead full and happy lives.
The Local Governing Committee in partnership with BBCET are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Personal Assistant to the Head Teacher to become a key member of our dedicated team. Whilst the successful candidate may have experience of working in a school office, it is not essential to the post.
We are seeking someone who:
• Is a practising Catholic or who is supportive of the mission and ethos of our Catholic School
• Demonstrates experience of working in a professional environment, ideally within a school setting
• Has effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Is able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team
• Is able to maintain good relationships with pupils, parents, staff, Governors and other external agencies
• Is computer literate (MS Office, Spreadsheets and e-communication) and has a high regard for confidentiality
• Has relevant secretarial, administrative and personnel experience
• Is flexible and adaptable to change
We can offer:
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued
• A friendly and committed team
• An active and supportive Local Governing Committee
• Enthusiastic pupils and supportive parents
• A commitment to continuous professional development
If you feel you can demonstrate the characteristics we are looking for and have the appropriate relevant experience that meets the demands of the post, then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Mrs Neal, the School Administrator to arrange an appointment. Application packs are available to download from our school website at http://stcuthbertsw.newcastle.sch.uk/ All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain ‘an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service’.
As this post involves working with children and dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th January 12.00 p.m.
Shortlisting will be held on: Monday 31st January
Interviews and observations will be held on: Tuesday 8th February
This job is closed for applications.