SEND Support Assistant Level 2
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/02/2022 12:00
£18,562 - £18,933 per annum, pro rata (actual £6,687 - £6,821 p.a.)
Hours per week:
16 hours per week
Schools - Support
Grange First School, Norham Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 2NP
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Grange First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday and Friday, term time only (16 hours)
Fixed term until 31st July2022
The Governors of Grange First School wish to appoint a highly skilled, conscientious and motivated support assistant as soon as possible.
The role will be within EYFS. The role will include supporting children in a Reception class and to support pupils with SEND. Some of the time will be spent working one to one with a child who has SEND.
We invite applications from Support Assistants who can demonstrate that they have
• An enthusiastic and positive approach
• Established constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
• Promoted the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
• Encouraged pupils to interact with others and engage in activities to effectively enhance individual learning
• Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
• Supervised and provided particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
• Is able to form excellent working relationships with pupils, staff and parents
• Enthusiasm to develop child-initiated learning
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
An application pack can be obtained via the school website, or by email to: email@example.com
Completed application and safe recruitment form to be returned to Mrs Joanne Taylor, School Business Manager.
Closing Date: Wednesday 2nd February 12 noon
In the current circumstances, school visits will only be offered to candidates who are shortlisted.
This job is closed for applications.