Apprentice Adult Care Worker
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/06/2022 23:59
National Minimum Wage For Age (see below)
Stockton on Tees
TO START SEPTEMBER 2022
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join us on an apprenticeship with the Council. If you're looking for the opportunity to make a real difference and follow a stimulating and rewarding career, we would welcome an application from you.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work. We truly value our Apprentices and recognise that they enable us to identify new talent, build new skills in our workforce, increase diversity and help deliver our ambitious plans.
We have two Apprentice Adult Care Worker opportunities working at the Rosedale Centre, a 44-bed rehabilitation and assessment facility in Bishopsgarth, Stockton. The service enables safe discharge from hospital for those in need of additional physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and social care assessments. The service also supports admissions from the community when it is identified that a period of residential assessment or therapy is necessary.
As an apprentice Adult Care Worker, you will work directly with clients to provide enthusiastic care, focusing on clients individual needs. Our focus is to promote independence and encourage confidence. You must have good communication skills, be flexible, and a positive and responsive attitude to work is also essential.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: All candidates are required to meet the minimum essential requirements set out below. Please address in your application how you meet the following:
• Level 1 English and Maths (GCSE Grade E/3 or above / Functional Skills)
• An Ability to achieve Level 1 qualification in English & Maths during the apprenticeship – Initial Assessment required before job offer.
In addition we are looking for someone who has:
• Experience working as part of a team
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to show compassion and be people focused
• Ability to work a shift pattern including weekends.
You will be given paid time off work, to attend college and work towards completion of the Adult Care Worker – Level 2 Apprenticeship Qualification. You will also gain a Level 2 Diploma in Care giving you an excellent opportunity to work towards a recognised qualification whilst gaining valuable work experience.
PLEASE NOTE: You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in the same or similar subject.
APPRENTICESHIP BENEFITS: We offer an excellent total reward package for apprentices including:
• Competitive salary - paying National Minimum Wage for Age or above
• Annual Leave Entitlement - 26 Days plus Bank Holidays
• Health & Wellbeing Support – including Counselling and Physiotherapy Services
• Learning & Development opportunities - including a dedicated Mentor to support you and opportunities specifically for our Apprentices
• Fixed Term contract – allowing sufficient time to complete your qualification
• Potential to secure employment with the Council upon completion, and apply for internal vacancies restricted in the first instance to Council Employees throughout your apprenticeship.
APPRENTICESHIP DURATION: 15 months
We pay our apprentices the National Minimum Wage depending on Age. The rates of pay increase every year in April – set by the national government.
30hours per week:
• Age 23 and over, £9.50p.h., £14,861p.a.
• Age 21 to 22, £9.18p.h., £14,360p.a.
• Age 18 to 20, £6.83p.h., £10,684p.a.
• Under 18, £4.81p.h., £7,524p.a.
HOW TO APPLY: Please ensure you submit an online application form by the closing date of Sunday 26 June 2022. Please ensure you refer to the information included in the Advert, Job Description and Person Specification when completing your application.
If you would like an informal discussion about the apprenticeship opportunity, please contact Gavin Swankie on 01642 527402 or email: Gavin.Swankie@stockton.gov.uk
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’.
This job is closed for applications.