Level 2 Teaching Assistant - The Glebe Primary School
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/07/2022 12:00
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Stockton On Tees
Level 2 Teaching Assistant Grade F (7-8)
Contract Details Permanent
Contract Hours 27.5 hours per week, term time only
Disclosure The Glebe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
Interview Date Provisionally WC 4th July
At The Glebe Primary School, we are proud of the sense of belonging and security that children feel when they are part of our community. We are a Unicef Rights Respecting School. We believe that children can reach their potential to grow socially, morally and educationally- in a warm, lively and caring atmosphere. We have a committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team. The Glebe Primary School is a large primary school situated in Norton, Stockton on Tees.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified level 2 Teaching Assistant who is flexible to work in any area across the school with all pupils, including pupils with SEND.
The successful candidate must have:
- A professional, nurturing and resilient approach.
- Strong behaviour management skills and be able to help children focus on any given task, encouraging children to interact with others and engage in activities.
- Experience of supporting children with SEND needs and behavioural difficulties.
- Commitment and dependability within the workplace, with ability to use your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively and supportively under the direction of the class teacher.
- The willingness to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team, providing day to day classroom support to the children and assisting with behaviour in a supportive manner.
- Experience of assisting in the implementation of planning, assessment and the preparation of resources and classroom environments.
-The ability to establish good relationships with children, staff, parents and all members of the school community, acting as a role model and demonstrating the high expectations of the school.
-Excellent attendance and punctuality
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit https://www.theglebeprimary.org.uk/ - (Staff / Vacancies) and return your completed application FAO: Mrs Jean McCartney, School Business Manager, to The Glebe Primary School, Pulford Road, Norton, Stockton on Tees. TS20 1QY or electronically by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12.00pm on the closing date.
Due to the expected high demand for this position, we will only contact candidates who are shortlisted for interview.
This job is closed for applications.