Cook - Oakdene Primary Academy (Enquire Learning Trust)
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/07/2022 23:59
SCP 6 (£20,043) – SCP 9 (£21,269)
Schools - Support
Oakdene Primary Academy, Halidon Way, Billingham, Stockton on Tees, TS23 3NR
Tel: 01642 560768
Working Pattern: 30 hours, 8am - 2pm - term time plus specified days
1. Job Purpose
The Cook will be responsible for ensuring a high quality, customer focused catering service is delivered to pupils, staff and visitors to the school. You will be responsible for the preparation and service of food and assist with menu planning, weekly bookwork, ordering of supplies and stock control.
In addition to providing the service on a day to day basis, you will be involved in organising theme days and other events to promote and develop the service.
You will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of management with employees to include training, guidance and support, manage staff absence, disciplinary investigations and appraisals.
Ensure all staff duties and tasks are completed to the highest standard of hygiene, health and safety in food production and service areas to comply with company policies and procedures.
2. Main duties:
• Food preparation and production ie. Main meals, desserts, jacket potatoes
• Ensure all service of meals to staff and pupils are on schedule.
• Help organising staff work and cleaning schedules/rotas.
• Help organise prep and production, Sandwiches, vegetables, jacket potatoes, salads etc.
• Ensure all cleaning of kitchen and food service areas, including equipment is completed
• Receipt and safe storage of deliveries.
• Ensure effective waste management
• Preparation, delivery and service of hospitality as and when required.
• Maintaining the general tidiness and organisation of food service areas, “Clean as you go policy”
An application form can be requested by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return your completed application form by email or post to Mrs E Bramley, Principal, marked 'Private and Confidential'.
Oakdene Primary Academy is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to DBS checks.
This job is closed for applications.