Level 3 Teaching Assistant - Durham Lane Primary School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/10/2023 12:00
£17,523 with pay award pending
Hours per week:
30 hours per week, Term time only plus 2 PD days
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Salary: £17,523 with pay award pending.
Closing Date: 13th October at 12 noon
Benefits & Grade:
Level 3 H (SCP 14 - 17) salary of £17,523 with a pay award pending.
Permanent Term time only plus 2 PD days – to start as soon as possible
30 hours per week
Tuesday 17th October 2023
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
At Durham Lane Primary School, we are a family: a family built on positive partnerships between school, children, parents, governors, the local community and the wider world.
Durham Lane Primary school prides itself in ensuring that it offers an outstanding education with the happiness and well-being of our children at its core.
We aim to maintain a secure, caring and stimulating community in which children are encouraged to have respect for themselves and each other. Through quality teaching and learning, children are given the opportunity to develop individuality and responsibility and are challenged to achieve their full potential.
We believe it is important that we develop the whole child, nurturing the academic, creative, spiritual, aesthetic and social aspects equally. Self-discipline and acceptable codes of behaviour are valued and promoted.
We see our school as being at the heart of a larger community and we encourage our children to value and celebrate the diversities they encounter in this community and in the wider world.
Everything we do is for our children.
Main purpose of a Level 3 Teaching Assistant
• To work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the preparation of resources.
• To provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help in overcoming barriers to learning.
• To supervise whole classes occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers
• To cover planned PPA sessions.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking teaching assistant who will have passion for making a difference.
The successful candidate will work alongside staff in either/both KS1 and KS2 and must:
- have knowledge and experience of supporting children across the primary age;
- have a good understanding of the primary curriculum;
- have extensive experience of working in both KS1 and KS2;
- have a flexible approach and the ability to work as part of a team;
- have the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative;
- be able to offer a warm, supportive and respectful relationship with children and staff;
- have excellent relationships with parents;
- be motivated, passionate and reflective about their work.
Application form and job description are available on the school website. Application forms should be returned to Helen Gregory by 12 noon on the closing date, via the email address email@example.com.
If you wish to have a tour of the school prior to interview, please contact the school office on 01642 780742.
Durham Lane Primary School
This job is closed for applications.