Headteacher - Benton Park Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/05/2019 12:00
Leadership Scale 18-24: (£60,755 - £69,973 per annum).
Hours per week:
Full time in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions document.
Schools - Teaching
Benton Park Primary School, Corchester Walk, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7SS.
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Benton Park Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Full time, Permanent
Group 3 - Number on Roll: 430
Required for 1 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and inspirational leader to further develop our popular and successful school following the current headteacher’s appointment to a new post. As a foundation school within the Ouseburn Learning Trust, we work together with seven local schools and external partners to provide a world class educational experience for young people in our local area.
Our school was judged as Outstanding at the last Ofsted inspection in 2015 but governors and staff recognise the need to continue to work hard to improve results and ensure our pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their lives. We are looking for someone with the drive, energy and commitment to move the school forward as pupil numbers continue to increase and be outward-facing within a changing education world.
We are looking for a Headteacher who is:
• able to work with the Governing Body and other stakeholders to develop a strategic vision for the future and build on our positive, caring and inclusive school ethos
• an excellent teaching and learning professional with a track record of improving whole-school pupil outcomes as a headteacher or deputy headteacher
• able to inspire, motivate and empower all members of the school community
• a strategic thinker who can translate broad aims into effective operational plans
• capable of effectively managing finances, resources and people.
In return we can offer you:
• an inclusive school with happy, well behaved children who enjoy learning
• the support of our dedicated strong team of staff and governors
• the opportunity to develop our commitment to distributed leadership and management
• established positive relationships with parents and the local community
• the opportunity to work collaboratively with other Headteachers and our trust community.
Like to find out more about this opportunity? We are holding two open mornings so you can meet the Chair and Vice Chair of Governors and look around the school on Tuesday 7 May and Wednesday 8 May from 9.15am.
Please contact the Michelle Weldon, Business Manager to register your interest on 0191 266 5122 or email@example.com
Interested in applying? An application form, additional evidence form and safe recruitment form can be found on: www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/headteacher/186296
These must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday 10 May 2019.
Shortlisting: Tuesday 14 May 2019 based on the criteria in Part A of the person specification.
Selection process: Tuesday 21 May 2019 based on the criteria in Part B of the person specification.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful candidate will depend upon a satisfactory enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and other recruitment and vetting checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
This job is closed for applications.