Benefits of working for TFC
As well as an extremely attractive salary package other benefits of working for Together for Children include:
25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service. Employees can also request to purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave per year via a salary sacrifice scheme.
Flexible Working / Flexi Time
We believe that flexible working can promote work-life balance and improve employee well-being, performance, and productivity. Employees have the right to request flexible working including job share, compressed hours, career break, annualised hours, part year/term time working and part time working, subject to a qualifying period.
Our flexi-time scheme allows you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours, subject to business need.
We also offer up to 2 days flexible leave per accounting period (pro rata for part time employees).
We will pay up to six months’ sick pay on full salary subject to continuous service
As a family friendly employer, TFC is also committed to helping working parents balance work and family life. We recognise that getting this balance right can be key to ensuring that our employees can perform well at work and feel engaged and valued. With this mind we offer the following
Up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice.
Maternity Support/Adoption Leave
Up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption.
Up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child.
Childcare Vouchers Scheme
Together for Children offer Childcare Vouchers via a salary sacrifice scheme in line with the Governments Tax-Free Childcare Scheme.
Local Government Pension Scheme
The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a key part of TFC’s pay and reward package for employees.
As part of the Scheme, you may:
• receive a tax-free lump sum as well as an annual pension upon retirement
• contribute more to your pension via additional voluntary contributions
• access your pension before your Normal Pension Age
• take early payment of pension in the event that you retire on grounds of ill health
Other Employee Benefits:
My Club Nissan Scheme
20% off a brand-new Nissan.
TFC employees have access to a leading car lease scheme through NHS Fleet Solutions. They provide a cost-effective way to lease a new car via salary sacrifice or net pay. No deposit is required, and the cost is fixed for the duration of the lease. The monthly cost includes:
• Routine servicing
• Road tax
• Tyre replacement
• Breakdown cover
• Windscreen replacement cover
TFC also offer a number of benefits for employees that support sustainable travel options when having to travel for business purposes:
Nissan Leaf Pool
The Company have access to a pool of Nissan Leaf Cars available for business use.
20 % off all Neuron Passes – Neuron is in partnership with Sunderland City Council/TfC and offering all employees a reduced rate on Neuron Passes
Cycle to Work Scheme
The Company offer employees the opportunity to purchase a new bike and accessories via a salary sacrifice scheme through Cycle Solutions.
Employees will be entitled a discounted membership at Everyone Active Gyms – the membership is £24.99 per month or £249.90 for the whole year (up-front payment) and includes access to the gym, swimming pool and exercise classes at all Everyone Active Sunderland sites including:
• Sunderland Aquatic Centre
• Silksworth Community Pool, Tennis and Wellness Centre
• Washington Leisure Centre
• Raich Carter Sports Centre
• Hetton Community Pool and Wellness Centre
• Houghton Sports and Wellness Centre.
Plus, access to the sauna and steam room at Washington Leisure Centre and Hetton Community Pool and Wellness Centre.
Everyone Active are also currently offering a free 7-day guest pass to their centres
Blue Light Card
Blue Light are a discount service providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street. For a small fee of £4.99 our employees can register for a card allowing access to these fantastic discounts for 2 years.
In addition to the Company’s benefits package, we also offer support to employees in the form of:
• Free, confidential and independent face to face counselling service through the Occupational Health Service.
• Reasonable adjustments and/or redeployment where practical for employees requiring support after illness or due to disability.
• A good health and wellbeing programme, provided to all employees to help achieve healthier and safer lifestyles both at work and at home.
• A domestic violence policy to ensure support and advice is available.
• Employee Induction scheme.
• Online access to payslips via an electronic payslip portal giving access to your payslips from either your laptop or your own device (PC, smart phone or tablet). Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• The Company has established Equity, Diversity and Inclusion networks where employees can meet to share information and raise awareness. These include the Racial Equality network, the Accessibility network and the LGBTQ+ network.