Level 3 Teaching Assistant- Oakdene Primary School
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/01/2019 23:59
£16,389.62 - £17,460.96 per annum
Schools - Support
Term Time only plus 5 PD Days.
Required for 25th February 2019 or as soon as possible
In February 2019, we are delighted to launch 2 year old provision. We cannot wait to welcome our first 2 year olds into our school.
As a Full and relevant Level 3 Teaching Assistant, you will work alongside our Early Years Foundation Stage Team. You will play an important part in helping children to get the most out of their learning. The main feature of your role will be to support individuals or groups of children with day-to-day learning and play both in, and outside the classroom. In addition, you will support our 2-year-old provision leader in organising the environment.
To provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment where the children will have the opportunity to play, develop and learn new skills.
You will need to be:
• knowledgeable about the typical development and characteristics of learning for two-year-olds, including their emotional and physical dependency on adults
• aware of the large difference in development between children who are 'just two' and those approaching their third birthday
• focused on teaching children through the three prime areas of learning
• attentive to children's care needs and use times caring for them as an opportunity to help children's learning
• giving children time to be in familiar, small groups and opportunities to be in smaller, quieter areas for play
• patient, attentive and allow two-year-olds to express their ideas
- Excellent career development working in an 'outstanding' school.
- Talented and hard-working professional colleagues who are committed to children's success across the curriculum.
- The most up to date research and opportunities to influence national policy.
- A stimulating, innovative and well-resourced indoor and outdoor learning environment.
- Delightful children, supportive parents and governors, friendly and welcoming staff.
Oakdene is a highly popular and successful primary school which has been rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted. As a school, we are passionate about meeting all children's needs, ensuring their happiness and making the most of their individual talents. The focus on developing a lifelong love of learning is underpinned by rigorous attention to the development of essential skills and tools. Early Years Education is fundamental to all that we do within our school. Our youngest learners need to have the best start in order to secure their potential in the future.
The Governors are committed to providing the very best educational opportunities for the children of Billingham. It is an exciting opportunity for you to join this team and 'make a difference.'
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 16th January 2019.
An application form and further details about our school and this post are available from the school website www.oakdeneprimary.org.uk or you can speak to one of our administrators, Mrs Lee O'Sullivan and Mrs Swash on (01642) 560768.
Please return your completed application form to Mrs E Bramley, Executive Head Teacher, marked 'Private and confidential'. Please ensure that you provide full details of your L3 full and relevant early Years qualifications including the awarding body, the date and the exact title of your qualification.
Oakdene Primary School, Low Grange Avenue, Billingham, Stockton on Tees TS23 3NR Tel 01642 560768 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.