Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/01/2019 23:59
£19,736 - £21,724
Schools - Support
SCP 24 – SCP 27 (£22,401 - £24,657) actual salary £19,736 - £21,724
37 hours per week, TT plus 10 days
Required from as soon as possible
The North East Learning Trust is a growing multi-academy Trust founded by The Academy at Shotton Hall in Peterlee. The Trust family currently consists of the founding school, along with three primary schools and four secondary schools. We plan to expand our Trust across the north east of England, building and strengthening our Trust family as an exemplary school community. Within our family of schools, we have a designated Teaching School and ‘outstanding’ SCITT programme and we were also designated one of only 22 Research Schools country in April 2017. Thus, you will be joining a Trust with a wealth of resources, capacity and expertise.
The North East Learning Trust are seeking to appoint a School Counsellor to work between Bedlington Academy and Ashington Academy.
We are looking for a fully qualified school counsellor who is passionate, motivated and committed to providing high-quality counselling service to our students.
The successful applicant will:
• Provide a high-quality counselling service to students experiencing a wide range of emotional problems ensuring equality of access.
• Provide support, guidance and advice to parents, carers and the school.
• Liaise with staff and external agencies to ensure that the pupils receive the support they need.
• Contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people.
We can offer:
• A vibrant learning community with highly motivated children
• A positive and caring ethos
• An excellent working environment
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued
• A supportive and effective governing body
• Opportunities for continuing professional development.
All visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Jade Hutton, Support Services Manager to arrange an appointment on 01670 822625.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 January 2019
Short-listing: Thursday 24 January 2019
Interviews: w/c 28 January 2019
For further information, please download an application pack from the Trust website: www.nelt.co.uk or www.bedlingtonacademy.co.uk or www.ashingtonacademy.co.uk. This should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Jade Hutton, Support Services Manager, Bedlington Academy, Palace Road, Bedlington, NE22 7DS.
The North East Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure
The North East Learning Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
This job is closed for applications.