Social Worker / Senior Social Worker
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/01/2019 23:59
£27,358 - £30,756 Social Worker - £32,233 - £36,153 Senior Social Worker
Social Care - Children Service
The team is based in Spennymoor, but the postholder will be required to work across County Durham.
Children and Young Peoples Services
Children's Social Care - Disabilities Team
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/18/418
Post title: Social Worker/Senior Social Worker Children with Disabilities 0-13 Team
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Salary: Social Worker £27,358 - £30,756 Grade 9 (pre progression)
Senior Social Worker £32,233 - £36,153 Grade 11 (post progression)
We are seeking a social worker who has completed their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment to join our Children with Disabilities 0-13 Team
Job Location : The team is based in Spennymoor, but the postholder will be required to work across County Durham.
In our Children with Disabilities 0-13 Team you will work with our most vulnerable children and families. Your expertise will support families, help keep children safe and enable them both to thrive. Our children with additional needs tell us that they want you to:
• Be committed
• Be approachable and easy to talk to
• Listen and make changes
• Be open minded
• Be open, honest and trustworthy
• Keep in touch
• Give reliable feedback
• Be flexible
• Show respect
• Be organised
Our Children with Disabilities 0-13 Team is a statutory team responsible for children with additional needs from the point of referral to the point of permanence. In the team you will assess risk and implement care plans for children deemed to be in need of Level 4 Services on the Durham Staircase of Need. You will complete single assessments, work with children on a Child in Need basis, undertake Child Protection Work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law.
The following principles will guide your work:
• Ensuring the Child’s journey and their voice remains central.
• Providing help at the earliest opportunity.
• Supporting and promoting community resilience through the provision of specialist or locally delivered services in local communities which make sense to families.
• Delivering evidence based interventions with a focus on safe escalation and de-escalation of cases.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you want to broaden your experience as a social worker or step into management.
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career.
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which takes pride in, and actively celebrates social work.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Linda Spence, Team Manager Tel: 03000 260068 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Wednesday 30th January 2019.
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current HCPC Registration.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.