Teacher of English with Media Studies
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/02/2019 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Harton Academy, South Shields
TEACHER OF ENGLISH with Media Studies – Maternity Cover – Part time
MPS / UPS
16.25 hours per week
Required from Easter, 2019
As an experienced practitioner, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to engage with pupils and communicate a passion for English and Media Studies. Your experience will enable you to teach at key stages 3, 4 and 5. It is expected the role will continue until February half term in 2020.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy with over 1600 students, which …
• was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
• in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
• achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
• was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
• opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
• prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available from the academy’s website – http://www.harton-tc.co.uk/main-school/information/vacancies/teacher-of-english-with-media-studies/
All applications are to be returned to Harton Academy by 12 noon on Friday 15th February, 2019.
Harton Academy is the Employer
This job is closed for applications.