Outreach & Behaviour Support Officer- Bishopton PRU
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/02/2019 23:59
£17,047.05 - £18,126.53 annually
Schools - Support
Temporary initially for two years with a view to extend subject to funding
37 hours per week TTO + 5 PD days
After receiving a grade of Good across all categories, by Ofsted in June 2017, we are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school with a clear strategic vision for moving forward. To complement our vision we wish to appoint an Outreach and Behaviour Support Officer who will be responsible for coordinating and delivering behaviour intervention strategies to pupils and families, across schools in Stockton-on-Tees. The post holder will be proactive and creative in their approach to supporting pupils' re-engagement and love of learning, and possible reintegration to mainstream education. Bishopton PRU also recently became an Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence.
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a complex PRU of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. It takes pupils from Key Stage 2, 3 & 4 from the whole of Stockton authority. The PRU comprises of two separate sites, who work together as one single PRU. We take referrals from 60 primary schools and 13 secondary schools and are commissioned by the Local Authority to take 70 permanently excluded pupils. The PRU also provides outreach and in-school partnership placements for pupils who for various reasons are not in mainstream education. Bishopton PRU is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- To work in partnership with Early Help Teams to provide a coordinated, partnership approach within Bishopton PRU and the wider offer to schools.
- Undertake direct case work for pupils who may be at risk of fixed/permanent exclusion.
- Create individual behaviour plans/strategies of support with school partners
- Provide schools and external agencies with verbal and written advice in relation to challenging behaviour and SEN related issues.
- Form challenge / provide timely support of ineffective practice in schools and working towards better outcomes. E.g. SEN support plans
- Contribute to, and collate, the relevant paperwork needed when presenting a child's case to the Pupil Inclusion Panel
- Investigate if a child will engage, assess a child's support needs, additional hours of support beyond direct work, supporting team leader in providing SLA info to schools and team methodology
- Act as a lead agent for some cases in relation to Early Help in (co-ordinating support) for families which may include Team around the Family and onward referrals to other agencies.
- Establish family plans with SMART Outcomes and share with relevant stakeholders
- Carry out standardised assessments with all partners- schools, parents and pupils.
- Keep accurate records of interventions/report writing for management purposes and working to tight deadlines
- Operate relevant equipment and ICT packages such as CPOMs and SIMs.
- Undertake any duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post and participate in the regular review of the content of the job description
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as part of an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children and their families.
Previous applicants need not apply
Interview Date: To take place in March 2019
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Head teacher) or Mr Andrew Lambert (Outreach Manager) for an informal chat or to organise a visit. An application pack can be obtained from Mary Denham via email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishopton PRU, Marsh House Avenue, Billingham, Stockton-On-Tees, TS23 3HB
Tel: (01642) 566369
This job is closed for applications.