Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/03/2019 23:59
£22,336.57 - £24,585.65 pa pay award pending
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Any location in North Tyneside
Environment, Housing and Leisure wishes to recruit an experienced HGV Fitter to join a busy Fleet Management Team.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in routine maintenance and repair of all makes of light and heavy commercial vehicles, and must possess a HGV licence. It is essential that the successful candidate is able to work unsupervised and can complete the necessary documentation, due to health and safety obligations.
Duties will include:
• Repairing vehicles in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current legislation
• Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA standards
• Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for annual MOT inspection
• Good housekeeping routines to meet H&S requirements
• Ensure all paperwork is completed to a high standard
• Utilise all Personal Protective Equipment as and when necessary
• To communicate effectively with Compliance Manager
• Carry out MOT inspections to Taxis and private vehicles
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.