Learning & Student Support Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/09/2019 23:59
£21166 - £23836 pro rata
Schools - Support
Required for October 2019
Permanent / 2 x post / whole time. The employee will be expected to work 43 hours per week during term time (which is equivalent to FT 37hrs per week all year), to ensure employee can be absent during school closure periods.
Are you positive and aspirational? Looking for an exciting challenge? Ready to make a real difference to the lives of challenging 11-16-year-old students?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to fulfil a key student support role in the school. As well as supporting students in lessons, you will also support the extended evening activities for two evenings per week.
Windlestone School is a secondary special school for 80 students all with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for the Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) area of need.
Windlestone School is a well-established and well-regarded school that has ambitions to develop outstanding practice in all areas of the provision.
• Keen to offer support to challenging students in an SEMH secondary special school setting?
• Able to develop positive relationships with students and support their emotional wellbeing?
• Ambitious to make a difference in the lives of the young people we serve?
• A contributor with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude?
Why should you come to Windlestone School?
• Well-resourced modern school
• Scope to innovate
• Opportunities to take initiative
• Focus on raising standards for all, with a commitment to achieving outstanding outcomes
• A supportive and dedicated community of staff and governors
• Opportunities for professional development
The person we are seeking will have:
• A commitment to raising aspiration and achievement of SEMH students.
• Excellent working relationships with students and staff
• Drive, enthusiasm, resilience, compassion and warmth
• Confidence in being able to support across the KS3 & KS4 curriculum
• An ability to ‘connect’ with challenging students and form positive relationships
Please apply for this position by completing an application form and a letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post. Application forms are available from and returnable to the school.
Closing date: 13th September 2019
Interviews to be held week Commencing 23rd September 2019 (subject to change)
We would sincerely welcome you for a visit to the school or for an informal discussion.
Please note this post is not open to job share.
Tel: 01388 720337
This job is closed for applications.