Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/09/2019 23:59
South Hylton House
3 Year Apprenticeship
We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice HGV Technician with a genuine interest in mechanics to join our busy workshop team based at South Hylton House in Sunderland. Training and support will be provided and will be divided between our workshop and College on a one-day per week basis during term time. Working within our safety standards, the role of the Apprentice HGV Technician will be to assist the Workshop Manager and Technicians to carry out:
• Routine servicing on HGV vehicles and trailers
• MOT preparation
• General maintenance
The successful candidate will be a good team player, have the ability to work in a busy environment alongside other colleagues and have a willingness to learn.
• Be able to develop knowledge experience of - Vehicles and plant maintenance, driving large goods vehicles, customer service skills through classroom and on the job training,
• Be able to deliver repairs in a timely and effective manner;
• Ability to work early mornings (7:30am till 3:30pm) and / or late shifts (12:30 till 8pm) on weekdays.
• Undertake lifting or carrying of heavy items and equipment, as required.
• Develop skills and knowledge to be able to operate a range of tools and equipment which are potentially hazardous in nature, whilst under supervision;
• Wear protective clothing or equipment, as and when required;
• Work outside in all types of weather conditions, as and when required;
• Ability to understand the use of, and reading of manuals and electronic information.
• Be able to observe and judge distances and colour coded components to effectively repair and maintain vehicle systems;
• Ability to obtain a UK driving licence during the training programme, and after completion of training, (at age 21) a Large Goods Vehicle driving licence to drive the specialist vehicles being serviced;
• Demonstrate a commitment to developing personal skills in accordance with the apprentice framework;
• Meet deadlines associated to progression through the full apprenticeship period;
• Complete assignments/projects which relate to the apprenticeship framework to meet target dates;
• Treat all information gathered, either electronically or manually in a confidential manner;
• Carry out duties with full regard to the Council’s Equality policies, Code of Conduct and all other Council policies;
• Comply with the Council’s Health and Safety policy, rules and regulations and with Health and Safety legislation;
• Comply with the principles and requirements in relation to the management of Council records and information; respect the privacy and personal information held by the Council’ use Council information only for authorised purposes.
• Comply with the principles and requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR in relation to the management of Council records and information, and respect the privacy of personal information held by the Council
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil. For further assistance contact the Org Man & Resourcing Team by Telephone: 0191 561 1755 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that CV’s are not acceptable.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your to invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted.
This job is closed for applications.