Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Hebburn Lakes Primary School
DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER
HEBBURN LAKES PRIMARY SCHOOL
Group 3 School
Salary Range: L13-L17
Number on Roll: 436 Plus 26 place Nursery and two Behaviour Resource Bases
Required for January 2020 –
Please note, this is a re-advertisement and previous applicants may reapply
If you are a dynamic, caring and inspirational leader seeking to make a real difference to the attainment and caring ethos of a highly supportive school, this could be just the post for you.
Hebburn Lakes Primary School is a two form entry primary school with a nursery and two specialist resource bases for children with social, emotional, mental health and behavioural difficulties which sits at the heart of its community. It is an incredibly rewarding place to teach as we believe that “Everyone cares and Everyone matters” and are committed to providing a school where children, parents and staff are valued and where we give everyone the opportunity to feel good about their own achievements and the achievements of others, in a safe, challenging and varied environment.
Due to the promotion of the current Deputy Head Teacher an exciting opportunity
has now risen to appoint a dynamic Leader who has the drive and ambition to support and shape the future for all pupils at Hebburn Lakes Primary School.
The successful candidate will lead on Curriculum and Parental Engagement as well as being an outstanding classroom practitioner. They must also be able to demonstrate the ability to:
• Inspire, challenge and empower the whole school team to raise standards -setting high expectations for all.
• Lead and contribute to the school's ethos of care, support and guidance for every child.
• Commit to the safeguarding and well-being of children.
• Listen to and communicate effectively with all partners, further developing our close relationships with parents, carers and the community.
• Be committed to developing the potential of every child.
• Use leadership, management and strategic thinking skills at a Whole School Level.
• Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
• Support children with social, emotional, mental health and behaviour difficulties.
Candidates are welcome to visit the school on 10 September or 17 September 2019 at 1.30pm. Please contact the school office in advance on (0191) 4839122 to arrange a visit.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email email@example.com or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Closing date: Noon Thursday 19 September 2019
Shortlisting will take place: 25 September 2019
Formal Interview: 9 October 2019
Lesson/class observation: 7 October 2019