Team Leader Cognition & Learning
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2019 23:59
£41,989 - £47,501 Teachers Leadership Pay Scale Point 3-8
Spennymoor Educational Development Centre. You may be required to work at any council workplace within County Durham. Locations may carry differing responsibilities.
Children and Young Peoples Services
SEND & Inclusion
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/19/237
Post title: Team Leader Cognition & Learning – full time, permanent
Salary: £41,989 - £47,501 Teachers Leadership Pay Scale Point 3-8
Job Location: Spennymoor Educational Development Centre. You may be required to work at any council workplace within County Durham. Locations may carry differing responsibilities.
Durham Specialist SEND Inclusion Service is a highly valued and expanding service that provides a wide range of specialist supports, interventions and projects. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and committed Team Leader for the Cognition and Learning team in the SEND and Inclusion Service on a permanent basis. Duties specific to the post include:
• Working under the Strategic Manager, operationalise the strategic development of the Cognition and Learning Service and take forward developments in the field
• Take responsibility for the day to operational management of the Advisory Inclusion Teachers and Specialist SEND Support workers to ensure that service delivery of this largely traded service is efficient and effective and provides value for money
• Provide advice and support to promote inclusion and attainment through casework and troubleshooting as needed
• Promote and model partnership and integrated working within and outside the Local Authority
• Act as line manager for staff in the team
Required qualifications: Relevant Degree, Qualified Teacher Status, evidence of relevant additional in-service training and commitment to ongoing CPD.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Jackie Sharpe, Senior Educational Psychologist on 03000 263333 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 30 September 2019
PLEASE NOTE : this post is not open to job share
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.