1 to 1 Teaching Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/09/2019 12:00
£10,454 - £10,663 (£18,065 - £18,426 pa pro rata)
Schools - Support
Teaching Assistant to include 1: 1 support
Required from October 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Scale Points 3 - 4
26 hours per week term time only £10,454 - £10,663 pa (£18,065 - £18,426 pa pro rata)
Vacancy reference: CW/1:1-26 hrs/Oct19/JEB
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic
team of professionals. The post is temporary to provide 1:1 support for a pupil within Croftway Academy.
You will perform a key role in supporting the child’s learning in all its aspects. You will work directly with the pupil, prepare the resources, 1:1 curriculum delivery and work on areas of Passport to Learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a relevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching Assistants qualification
• Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training.
• Be willing to help with self-care skills if needed.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be able to use ICT to support learning
Experience in working with children with specific needs/SEN, would be desirable though not essential.
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070 125 [option 5] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms can be returned by email (to the address above) or posted to WISE Academies Head Office, Borodin Avenue, Sunderland SR5 4NX.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Northumberland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 16th September 2019
This job is closed for applications.