Child Protection Advisor/Independent Reviewing Off.1926
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/12/2019 23:59
£41,675 - £45,591
Social Care - Children Service
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate. For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Children’s Services/Children’s Social Care / Safeguarding Unit is based a County Hall in Morpeth and cover the whole of Northumberland we operate an Agile Working Policy. The team consists of 10 FTE IRO/Conference Chairs and admin support. You report to the IRO Safeguarding Manager.
The post is permanent, 37 hours per week.
- To chair Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Reviews for those children who have been identified, or those children who are likely to be identified as being in need of a permanent family placement other than with their birth parents, supporting children whose future is likely to be secured by Adoption or long term fostering.
- To provide advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations. Liaise with the police and other agencies to ensure the safe management of allegations made about adults that support the child.
- To contribute to the development of planning, review and monitoring processes aimed at tracking and securing timely permanence for children.
- To assist in developing and contributing to the quality assurance of all aspects of practice, planning, policy and procedural processes in relation to child protection, adoption and permanence.
- To take a lead role for promoting links with key teams, managers and professionals directly responsible for making decisions and progressing planning for permanence. - Ensuring high quality performance through reviewing and planning systems that safeguard children and young people within the Looked After system. To provide safeguarding advice and consultation to staff in complex Looked After Children and Child Protection cases.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £41,675 - £45,591
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- A professional social work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW, CSS
- Valid HCPC registration.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Knowledge of child development and issues around work with families and children.
- including safeguarding and child protection. - Detailed knowledge of Children’s legislation.
- Up to date understanding of the key issues and relevant theoretical background facing - professional child care social workers, particularly related to children’s safeguarding and looked after children.
For more information please see the attached documents
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding the process can be discussed with Claire Coe (Trans HR Support Officer) on 01670 623 130 or email email@example.com . We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
For further information, please contact Jan Tilson 01670 620293 for an informal discussion.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this post is 3 January 2020 at midnight
This job is closed for applications.