Teaching Assistant Grade 3
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/10/2019 23:59
£18,426 - £19,171 pro rata
Schools - Support
Yohden Primary School
The Governors of Yohden Primary School are looking to appoint a committed, talented and creative teaching assistant to join our team with effect from January 2020 or before.
Term Time Only/37 hours per week/Temporary
The successful applicant will:
• have a positive, empathetic attitude towards children and others
• be able to work as part of a team and use initiative when required
• have high expectations for all children
• be flexible and adaptable in order to support children with a variety of needs
• have a proven record of successfully supporting children with ASD and /or communication difficulties.
• have experience of working as part of a team in EYFS setting
• have experience of contributing to team planning and written assessments of children, including identifying the next steps
• be able to motivate and engage children in the learning process using a range of strategies
• be able to manage competing demands and have excellent behaviour management skills including:
- interpersonal skills
- communication [verbal and written]
If you would like to visit the school, please make an appointment with our Headteacher, Alison Smith.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This position is not open to job share
Application are available from and returnable to the school at the above address on receipt of a large self-addressed envelope with postage
Closing date for applications: 14th October 2019
Interviews: To be confirmed
Yohden Primary School - 2733
Tel: 0191 5863096
This job is closed for applications.