Burnside Out of School Provision Assistant
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/10/2019 12:00
£18,795 - £19,171 pro rata
Hours per week:
Schools - Support
Burnside Primary School
Burnside Primary School out of school provision provides child care provision to our families 48 weeks of the year from 7.30am – 6.00pm. Our ethos is to offer high quality, affordable childcare for our families in a familiar setting, with children and adults that they know.
We are looking to appoint a childcare assistant to join our successful team. You will be required to work during term time 7.15am – 9.00am and then 2.30pm – 6.00pm. During school holidays additional working hours will be required.
• Provide a safe and secure environment at all times.
• Care for children aged 3-11, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
• Actively and enthusiastically deliver programmed activities, encouraging all children to take part.
• Be aware of, and maintain sensitivity, for any children with additional needs (Physical, Behaviour and Dietary).
• Liaising with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
• Ensure activities and equipment are set up and tidied away at the end of each day.
• Attend staff meetings as required.
• Attend in-service training courses as required.
• Keep completely confidential any information regarding children, their families or other staff.
• Keep up to date with current good practice.
• Prepare and serve food appropriate to the time of day.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Headteacher.
• NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• A good standard of general education including GCSE grade C or above in English or Maths or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Previous experience of working with young people.
• A flexible approach to working hours.
• Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
• Willingness to learn and undertake training courses.
At Burnside we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect that all staff share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Job Type: Part time
Salary: £18,795 pro-rata (Pay Band 3)
Holiday: 25 days pro-rata
Closing date – Tuesday 22nd October 2019 12 noon
Application forms available from school office
This job is closed for applications.