Social Worker in the Pre-Birth Team – 37 hours per week – Permanent
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/11/2019 23:59
£27,905 - £31,371 Grade 9 pre progression £32,878 - £36,876 Grade 11 post progression
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location
We are delighted to be looking for Social Workers to join our Pre Birth Intervention Team.
Following a successful pilot of a pre-birth intervention service, which received positive feedback from the Courts and Cafcass and won three Children and Young People Now Awards in 2013, we created a pre-birth team in May 2018. The team consists of Social Workers, a Social Work Consultant and Team Manager.
We provide intensive planned intervention, assessment, and support during pregnancy to parents where either parent has had a child previously removed through care proceedings. The aim of the team is to support parents to achieve and sustain change, enabling them to provide safe appropriate parenting to their baby. Where necessary, some families are involved in the PLO and care proceedings processes. If permanency in parent’s care can’t be achieved, the team will plan, identify and place baby with alternative carers.
The work carried out by the team is carefully planned and each social worker will be carrying out intensive work using evidence-based tools.
These posts would suit experienced Social Workers who:
• Want to work intensively with families and promote the voice of the child
• Want to carry out meaningful and rewarding work which achieves the best outcomes for children.
• Are committed and driven to give families the best opportunities for change.
• Are able to understand children’s needs while implementing plans to keep them safe and reach their potential
• Are able to understand complex family systems and formulate sound risk assessments
• Are able to be creative and support families to access the right services at the right time
• Are enthusiastic and motivated.
• Are extremely organised and have excellent planning skills.
• Are able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Are able to work independently.
• Build and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues from a wide range of agencies.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you want to broaden your experience as a social worker or step into management.
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career.
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which takes pride in and actively celebrates social work.
You can read more about these and other benefits of working in Durham in the attached document.
Removal, lodging and separation expenses may be available to the successful candidate if at the time of application for appointment their place of residence is outside the administrative area of County Durham and in excess of 30 miles in a straight line from the their new administrative centre, along with a number of other criteria for eligibility.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Jac Tyler on 03000 262155 or Cath Heron on 03000 268350.
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current HCPC Registration.
It is expected interviews will take place week commencing 18th November 2019.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact Payroll and Employee Services Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.