Support Assistant (Special Needs)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/11/2019 12:00
N5: £22,021 - £23,836 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £18,237 - £19,740 per annum.
Hours per week:
36 hours per week.
Schools - Support
Sir Charles Parsons School, Westbourne Avenue, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 4ED.
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Sir Charles Parsons School
Newcastle upon Tyne
36 hours per week
Fixed term for 1 year
Term time only, plus 5 training days.
Sir Charles Parsons School is a secondary school (11 - 19) catering for students who experience significant and profound learning difficulties. This includes students whose behaviour may at times challenge those supporting them. The school was judged by Ofsted to be an ‘outstanding school’ after its last three inspections in October 2006, June 2010 and March 2019. In June 2011, the school moved into new, state of the art purpose built accommodation.
We are looking to appoint:
• A number of Support Assistants Special Needs, and;
Candidates should be:
• enthusiastic and keen to support and develop new initiatives;
• able to work effectively as a members of a team with educational and other professionals, both from within and outside the school;
• committed to improving the provision offered to our students through rigorous professional self review and development; and;
• resilient and able to focus on finding solutions to the issues and problems experienced in any school.
Support Assistant Special Needs post-holders will be required to support the educational and welfare needs of students across the school.
The posts are offered on the following basis: 36 hours per week, term time only.
Candidates should note the working hours for these posts include working until 4.40pm. every Monday and until 5.10pm. on either a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. All necessary training to enable the successful candidates to fulfil the responsibilities of their posts will be provided.
Successful applicants will join a school:
• with a friendly, supportive team ethos;
• that provides excellent professional development opportunities;
• which is dynamic, forward looking and constantly challenging itself to further improve the quality of its provision it provides.
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
Application forms are downloadable from the school’s website at www.scp.newcastle.sch.uk or available from and returnable to Mrs. Ann Taylor, School Business Manager on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 0191 295 2280.
Closing Date: Friday 15 November 2019 at 12 noon.
This job is closed for applications.