Child & Family Support Officer
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/11/2019 12:00
£13,978 - £14,902 (£26,999 – £28,785 pro rata)
Social Care - Children Service
Haltwhistle Primary Academy
Child & Family Support Officer
Permanent Variable Hours Contract between 15 and 25 hours per week - term time +
10 days (40 weeks), initially to start at 22 hours per week
Salary: Spinal Column Points 23 - 25 £13,978 - £14,902 pa (£26,999 – £28,785 pro rata)
Required as soon as possible
The mission of WISE Academies is to provide a high quality educational community which offers life changing opportunities in a safe, creative and exciting environment. All are valued and inspired to flourish and grow as individuals. WISE Academies set high expectations for staff and students in order to meet our mission and raise standards.
We are seeking to recruit a professional and efficient Child & Family Support Officer.
As a Child and Family Support Officer you will play a key part in identifying and supporting vulnerable children and families through Early Help.
This role is the perfect role for someone who is experienced in undertaking focused and purposeful family support in the family home and in school as required.
The Child and Family Support Officer performs a key role in developing and maintaining effective partnerships with parents/carers and supporting specific families through Early Help. A primary function of this role is to support vulnerable children to overcome barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Uphold safeguarding systems and procedures within WISE Academies
• Provide a positive offer of support to parents/carers – liaise to arrange training,
parent workshops suitable for our community’s needs.
• Acknowledge the importance of the parents’ role in supporting their young person to achieve
• Clear understanding of the Early Help procedures.
• Deal in a preventative way with issues which may arise in a pupil’s home or in their education
• Encourage parents to enter into a mutually-beneficial partnership with the school
• Be able to open up channels to discuss additional family support, training and other needs for individual families
• Be able to build up a body of good practice, which can be shared with others.
If you are skilled and experienced in engaging face-to-face with parents/carers, academy staff and others to deliver this level of positive support, this post offers you a valuable opportunity to increase your existing skills and experience.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore
will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure Barring Services.
For an application pack and further details, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070 125 [option 5] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Completed application forms can be returned by email (to the address above) or posted to WISE Academies Head Office, Borodin Avenue, Sunderland SR5 4NX.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 25th November 2019
This job is closed for applications.