Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/11/2019 12:00
Due to an internal restructure of our Education Services we currently have an opportunity for a dynamic lead officer to join our service.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to improve outcomes for the children and families in our borough. Our dedicated teams ensure that the child’s voice remains central and interventions are evidence based with a clear focus on safely managing risk.
We are seeking a lead professional to:
• Lead on the strategy for improving outcomes for SEN in Redcar and Cleveland. In partnership with schools, parents and also children and young people.
• Improve outcomes for vulnerable children and those with special educational needs by working to support and challenge schools and partners across Redcar and Cleveland.
• Improve the offer in Redcar and Cleveland for children on SEN support
• Create a coherent and effective service for vulnerable children and those with SEN.
• Motivate and support a team of professionals to be ambitious on behalf of children and families
• Develop and maintain positive relationships and be visible and accessible to the wider team
Educated to degree level and relevant professional qualification relating to children/education
In Redcar & Cleveland you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work
• A quality framework which supports practice improvement
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check will be sought.
The council is accredited Investors in People at gold level and holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Diane McConnell, Interim Chief Education Officer on 01642 444342
Closing Date – 25 November 2019
Interview Dates: 5 and/or 6 December 2019
This job is closed for applications.