Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/11/2019 16:00
Actual Salary £7,599 (Grade E, SCP 6-7)
Schools - Support
Required: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Part time (17.5hours Term Time Only)
Contractual Term: Fixed term until 31.08.20
Salary: Actual Salary £7,599 (Grade E, SCP 6-7)
Location: St Gerard’s Catholic Primary School, Avalon Court, Middlesbrough
Reporting to: Head of School/Executive Head Teacher
Academy: Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
St. Gerard’s Catholic Primary School is looking for a committed and highly motivated teaching assistant to join our happy, caring and hardworking staff.
St Gerard’s Catholic Primary School is part of the newly formed Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, a family of 26 schools, a sixth form and teaching school from across the north of the Diocese of Middlesbrough. With more than 9,000 pupils and 1,200 staff, the Trust is now the North East’s largest Catholic Trust and the second largest Catholic Multi Academy Trust in the UK.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with children in EYFS and KS1 and contribute towards school improvement and the raising of standards.
• Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model
• Complete daily observations and assess against the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Be able to work within EYFS, and other Key Stages at times to support pupils within class
• Work with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment
• Supervise and support pupils with different needs and abilities, enabling them to overcome barriers to learning
The school offers:
• A strong Catholic ethos where everyone is valued
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic children
• A strong highly committed staff team
• Supportive and committed governors and parents
• Commitment to continuing professional development
Nicholas Postage Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join our team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by appointment with the school office at 01642 591820
Application form, Recruitment Monitoring form and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Disclosure form should be downloaded from the NPCAT website www.npcat.org.uk. Applications should be returned to St. Gerard’s RC Primary School, Avalon Court, Hemlington, Middlesbrough, TS8 9HU
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 15th November 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 18th November 2019
If you have any queries about the position or the school and the trust, please do not hesitate to contact the school direct on 01642 591820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.