Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Permanent)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/11/2019 23:59
£13,668 per annum
Schools - Support
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). The successful candidate will have previous experience working across the Primary age range, and be able to supervise whole classes unaccompanied on occasions. HLTAs are expected to hold formal HLTA status.
The HLTA will supervise whole classes in the Junior School (R-Y6), during the short-term absence of teachers. In addition, this role will provide in-class support alongside class teachers when not required to take classes, as well as some admin and preparation of materials for teaching staff. More specifically they may be expected to:
• Work with teaching staff on planning, evaluating and adjusting work programmes and intervention strategies as appropriate
• Monitor and evaluate students' responses to planned learning activities, observing and recording achievement against pre-determined learning objectives
• Provide feedback to teachers and students
• Keep records and update systems as required
• Mark students' work and record achievement/progress
• Promote positive values, attitudes to learning and good pupil behaviour
• Liaise with parents/carers where necessary
• Undertake break duties
This is a description of the main duties and responsibilities of the post at the date of production. The duties may change over time as requirements and circumstances change. The post-holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility from time to time.
Our ideal candidates will:
• Be a skilled TA with experience of managing whole classes in the HLTA role
• Have experience of working effectively with pupils across all three Key Stages of the Primary phase
• Have a clear understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
• Be highly organised, have strong numeracy and literacy skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to different classroom settings
• Be skilled at supervising pupils and establishing a constructive, safe and ordered atmosphere in the classroom
• Be committed to Polam Hall's ethos and high expectations
Polam Hall School is a non-selective All-Through Academy offering quality education to approximately 760 boys and girls from age 4 to 16. The School converted from a fee-paying independent School to a Free School in September 2015 before joining the Woodard Academies Trust as an academy in 2017.
Polam Hall School has a strong sense of community, backed up by rigorous academic learning; a wide range of extracurricular activity; plenty of creative stimulus, and a competitive but caring house system. Set in 20 acres of beautiful grounds, we are privileged to have such a stunning location - just minutes from Darlington Railway Station and the A1(M).
Full details and an application form can be found on www.phs.woodard.co.uk from the drop down menu choose Our School - Working at Polam Hall.
Polam Hall School (Part of the Woodard Academies Trust), Grange Road, Darlington, DL1 5PA
This job is closed for applications.