Road Marking Supervisor - Tyne Mills Depot
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/12/2019 23:59
£24,313 - £26,999
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Tyne Mills Depot
Road Marking Supervisor - based at Tyne Mills Depot.
This vacancy is being advertising internally in the first instance to employees and agency workers of Northumberland County Council. Where it is not possible to appoint from the existing workforce, the vacancy may subsequently be released to external candidates. Please note that employees working within a school are not considered as internal applicants. If you apply for this position and are not an internal applicant by this description your application will not be processed.
1. Direct and supervise the activities of a team of road workers and/or contractors, including assisting in planning and organising the supply of plant and amount of materials to be ordered, providing clear guidance and motivating staff to achieve service objectives and quality standards.
2. Assist in the provision of an efficient and effective new construction service in various allocated areas, in accordance with predetermined schedules, including responsibility for the security and safe use of plant, equipment and tools used, including hired operated plant.
3. Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation, 2015 CDM Regulations, Method Statements, Risk Assessments. COSHH assessments and Safe Operating Procedures. Operate hand and power tools and other items of plant and equipment in a safe and secure manner and be competent in the use of all personal protection equipment
4. Advise designers and Quantity surveyors on individual project managers across Northumberland. Including external contracts in and around Northumberland.
5. Work with Construction Managers, Designers and maintenance teams (highways inspectors and maintenance engineers) to ensure projects are delivered to designed standards within budget and within programme.
6. Programme projects across Northumberland liaising with all departments within technical services.
7. Maintain records of progress by way site diaries, recording of all activities both direct and by contractors and compilation of as built drawings for each project.
8. Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations and full understanding and application of the requirements therein for construction sites.
9. Be aware of and comply with Health and Safety Regulations and Requirements and attend safety courses as necessary to obtain accreditation / certification and deliver regular toolbox talks to maintain health & safety awareness of operatives and colleagues.
Full time, Permanent post based at Tyne Mills Depot, Hexham.
Band 6 £24,313 - £26,999
For a copy of the job description/person specification please see attached
Closing date for applications is Midnight on Thursday 5th December 2019
This job is closed for applications.