DBS3762 Team Manager, Safe and Supported Service
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/12/2019 23:59
£40,760 - £45,591 pa
Social Care - Children Service
Any location within North Tyneside
ISN’T IT TIME YOU WORKED FOR A ‘GOOD’ EMPLOYER?
North Tyneside Children’s Social Care has been graded Good with Outstanding features by Ofsted. As a consequence, it is one of only fifteen Authorities within the country to be a Department for Education Partner in Practice, tasked with supporting others through sector-led improvement. It has nationally recognised strengths in many areas, not least its use of Signs of Safety informed practice. It is a good authority and also a great place to practice.
So what is different about working for a good authority?
The first difference you will notice in North Tyneside is that we have no Agency staff – all our staff are permanent. We know that the main reason for this is the small size of our teams – we have teams of five or six Social Workers. Another difference you will notice is the opportunities that you will have to develop to the best of your professional potential including First Line Management training.
Another difference in North Tyneside is we are co-located, with all our main Children’s Social Care Services based alongside each other and our nine Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub partners in a modern office building with on-site parking and catering. You will also notice that our ICT is there to support you to do your job well – we are proud to be in a development partnership with Liquidlogic. Finally, in everything that we do – from Early Help to Leaving Care – we work using the Signs of Safety model of practice. We mean it. We have adopted the approach across all our work, including assessment, planning and review. You will be supported to apply the model effectively and to a high standard. Our children and families deserve no less.
So what is stopping you applying? Isn’t it time you worked for a good employer?
An opportunity has arisen to join the Safeguarding Management Team as Team Manager within the Safe and Supported Service.
As Team Manager you will ensure work is to a high quality, child centred and non-jargon so families that we work with understand what we are writing about them and what we are saying. You will be working alongside six other managers in a highly supportive team, developing staff in their use of Signs of Safety and their ability to reflect on practice to achieve good outcomes for children and young people. The Safe and Supported Service work longer term with Children in Need, Children in Need of Protection and Children who are being cared for by North Tyneside Local Authority.
You will work closely with your colleagues in the Social Work Assessment Teams to ensure smooth transitions of cases in to the Safe and Supported Service. You will deliver high quality, regular and reflective supervision and focus on professional development and well-being of your staff. You will drive forward service improvements, not least the Signs of Safety model of practice, and be accountable for team performance. You will be joining a high performing, supportive and forward thinking Local Authority who are dedicated to getting the right outcomes for children and young people whilst keeping them connected to their families and community.
For an informal discussion about applying for this post, please contact Victoria McLeod on 0191 643 5914.
• Cycle to work scheme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Sick pay - Up to six months’ sick pay on full salary subject to service
• 30 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays (Employees can request to purchase additional annual leave via a salary sacrifice scheme)
• Flexible Working Scheme
• On-going and developing Programme of Health and Wellbeing initiatives (eg. work-based yoga and pilates classes, healthy eating options)
• Discounted membership of fitness and wellbeing centers (a saving of £117.00 per year) including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 2 spas and over 250 classes every week. You could also be eligible to apply for a reduced rate Corporate Membership at other Local Government run gyms and wellness centers within the Region
• Maternity/Adoption leave – Up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice.
• Maternity support/adoption leave – Up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption
• Paternity leave – Up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Childcare Vouchers; Car Leasing; Additional Holidays, personal Training and Development, public transport season tickets
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
Please be advised that this position will require an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.