Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
‘Pupils clearly enjoy their work, tackling learning with determination and a strong desire to succeed.’
Ofsted Sep 16
‘Pupils appreciate the community to which they belong. They understand that their school teaches good behaviour and they can clearly articulate how to be good friends.’
Diocesan Inspection April 2016
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional practising Catholic Deputy Headteacher to work closely with the Headteacher.
The ideal candidate will:
• have a clear understanding of Catholic Education
• have an exemplary teaching track record
• be able to lead and manage strategic development
• be committed to working in partnership with staff, parents, governors, the parish and the wider community
• have experience of teaching to secure consistently outstanding progress and attainment
• have relentless drive, boundless enthusiasm, resilience and the ability to inspire and motivate others
• have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that build professional relationships and develop and support colleagues
St Bede’s is in the heart of the town of Bedlington which is situated in South East Northumberland. Bedlington is a former mining town roughly 10 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne and 4.5 miles southeast of the county town of Morpeth. It is easily accessible via the A1 and the A19.
Visits from interested candidates are encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01670 822389 to arrange an appointment.
Application forms can be downloaded online via the school website or can be requested from and returned to the school office at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 31st January 2020 at 12 noon
Interview date: Friday 24th February 2020
St. Bede’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exceptions) Act 1975. If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service for a ‘disclosure’.
Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be brought in a sealed envelope should you be offered an interview.