Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/01/2020 12:00
£7,891 - £8,048 pa (£18,795 - £19,171 pa pro rata)
Schools - Support
Prudhoe West Academy
Teaching Assistant Fixed Term, required as soon as possible until 31st August 2020
18 hours 20 minutes per week term time + 5 Inset Days
SCP 5-6 – £7,891 - £8,048 pa (£18,795 - £19,171 pa pro rata)
Vacancy ref: PW/FT-TA/JAN20/JEB (please quote this reference when requesting an application form)
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team of professionals.
You will perform a key role in supporting children’s learning in all its aspects. You will be required to work with targeted groups and or classes and must have a good understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a relevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching Assistants qualification
• Be experienced in working with children in KS1/ LKS2
• Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example Better Reading Partnership, Power of One/ Two, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be able to use ICT to support learning
The mission of WISE academies is to provide a high quality educational community which offers life changing opportunities in a safe, creative and exciting environment.
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
WISE Academies set high expectations for staff and students in order to meet our mission and raise standards.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subjects to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070125 [option 5] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms can be returned by email (to the address above) or posted to WISE Academies Head Office, Recruitment Team, Borodin Avenue, Sunderland SR5 4NX
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 17th January 2020
This job is closed for applications.