Lecturer - Cycle Maintenance
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/01/2020 23:59
Hours per week:
Cycle Maintenance - Sessional Lecturer
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across the largest county in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate. For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
To deliver Cycle Maintenance Qualifications, to a range of Learners, within the Learning and Skills provision, based primarily at the Ashington Construction and Engineering Site. Other sites might also be utilised.
This is a sessional post.
We are offering:
- A Band 6 salary grade
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Level 5 Teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, BEd, PCET, Cert Ed or equivalent teacher training qualification).
- A professional, vocational or graduate qualification in the field to be taught. At least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent and at least one level above the level to be taught.
- Vocational qualifications or CPD must be demonstrated relevant and up-to-date knowledge of the subject area.
- Experience of teaching and supporting learners with additional learning needs or with challenging behaviour.
- Experience of delivering a range of appropriate qualifications within the subject area and a sound understanding of awarding body requirements
Please note that successful applicants must be able to attend an interview/assessment at the Ashington Construction and Engineering Centre.
For further information please see the job description attached and, please contact Mike Smith at 01670854372 for an informal discussion.
For further guidance on completing your application and information about our equality and diversity initiatives, please see attached guidance notes
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please contact Michelle Fawcett at or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midnight on 22nd January 2020
This job is closed for applications.